Plan a Tour
Thinking of visiting with your group?
Visit our online catalog to view the full menu of guided tours. Those interested in educational tours for school groups may visit the Learning section of our website.
To reserve a tour, contact 301-994-4371 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or make a reservation request here.
How many people do I need to have in my group to book a guided tour?
- There is a minimum of 10 individuals for a guided tour.
- To receive the self-guided tour rate, you are also required to have 10 individuals in your group.
- Larger groups may need to be divided into smaller groups, as there is limited space in some of our buildings.
Do you have tours or opportunities available for scout groups?
- Yes! Historic St. Mary’s City offers many ways for BSA and Girl Scouts to fulfill their badge requirements. While visiting the museum, scouts have the opportunity to earn and learn by participating in discussions, receiving instruction, and through hands-on activities. All programs are designed to support and align with badge requirements and can also be tailored to meet the needs of your individual troop.
- Service Projects – Historic St. Mary’s City will work with your scouts to complete their service project requirements. From trail maintenance, woodworking, to assisting with events, the Museum invites your scouts to help. Please contact 301-994-4391 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Activities for scouts
How do I make a reservation?
- Tours are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, so it is recommended that tours be scheduled at least four weeks in advance.
- Our online reservation request form allows you to choose 3 possible dates.
- Once our reservation request has been made, you will receive an email confirming the details of your field trip.
- If you would like to make a tour reservation, click here. You may also contact by phone 301-994-4391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the cost of admission for a guided group tour?
- Guided Tour – $13 per adult / $7 per youth (This includes all adult groups and family groups. Educational tour rates can be found in the Learning section.)
- Self-Guided Group Rate – $8 per person
What are the options for payment?
- Payment is required in full on the date of your tour, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Please purchase admission for your entire group with one payment.
- We accept cash, check, and credit card (Discover, MasterCard, or Visa). (Please make checks payable to “Historic St. Mary’s City.”)
- An accurate count of participants is required upon check-in.
Will my tour be canceled if it is raining?
Tours are rain or shine. If you choose to reschedule your tour, we will do our best to accommodate your group. (For questions regarding cancellation or rescheduling, contact 301-994-4371 or email@example.com.)
What food service options are available?
- Enso Kitchen (located on site) sells sandwiches, cookies, and artisan breads. (Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Groups are welcome to bring lunches. (Covered picnic tables are available)
- Light refreshments & snacks are available for purchase at The Shop at Farthing’s Ordinary
- Dining facilities at St. Mary’s College of Maryland are available during select hours. Daily menus can be found on the college website.