Teacher Resources for Visiting
Historic St. Mary’s City, Maryland!
We are delighted that you have planned a visit to Historic St. Mary’s City. Our goal is to make your visit educationally rewarding and fun for you and your students. We have a variety of resources that will help you get the most out of your visit.
School Tours Information
- School Programs Brochure – our program offerings and the content standards we address on the tours.
- School Tour Information – logistical tour information to assist you in planning your tour.
Lesson plans exploring the life of a colonist, John Halfhead and classroom activities to enrich your visit to Historic St. Mary’s City.
Field Trip Planner
To make your visit run smoothly, please review the information available in the Field Trip Planner and share it with all of the teachers and chaperones from your school who will be participating in your field trip.
The Field Trip Planner contains a wealth of information including:
- How to get to Historic St. Mary’s City and estimated travel times
- How to check in at the Visitor Center and payment worksheet
- Background Information about the history of St. Mary’s City
- Pre-visit and post-visit activities for the classroom
- An idea of your day’s itinerary
- How to order Goody Bags
- Emergency information
- A glossary
Researching Maryland history? Historic St. Mary’s City has a variety of articles and resources that can assist your students! For more in-depth information, research our Publications.
Teacher Planning Visit
Have you heard about us but never visited? To assist you in planning your field trip, Historic St. Mary’s City would like to offer you and one guest complimentary passes to visit the museum. A pre-tour visit will allow you to:
- Verify the travel time to and from your school
- Become familiar with the Living History Sites and the amount of terrain covered during the guided tour
- Browse through our museum shop and decide whether to pre-order Goody Bags for your group
Please call 240-895-4979 or e-mail Groups@HSMCdigsHistory.org to make arrangements.